As an active member in the Independent Professional Seed Association (IPSA), Legend Seeds is pleased to share with you the opening of a scholarship opportunity for the 2019-2020 school year.
Working with the IPSA Education Committee, the IPSA Board will award ten $2,000 scholarships to students studying in the field of agriculture.
Both high school seniors and active college students majoring in Agriculture are encouraged to apply.
The IPSA scholarship program was created by the Myron "Ted" Asplin Family to benefit the future of agriculture by supporting and encouraging the education of future ag professionals.
To apply for this scholarship, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019-IPSA-Scholarships
Please keep in mind, in addition to the application online, the most recent student transcripts and two letters of recommendation must be uploaded for each applicant. PDF is the preferred version.
- IPSA considers both high school seniors as well as active college students.
- You must be majoring in an Agriculture related degree to be considered. Non-agriculture major applicants will NOT be considered under any circumstances.
- Preference is given to Agronomy and Science related fields (Agronomy, Crop, Soil, Engineering), and Business fields (Agriculture Business, Communications, Economics, Marketing). The IPSA Scholarship Program does not prioritize Animal Science or Pre-Vet Majors.
- Selection will be based on a combination of academic achievement, community and agricultural involvement. All applications will be reviewed by the IPSA Scholarship Awards Committee and the Board of Directors of the Independent Professional Seed Association.
- Applications must be completed in full including complete contact information with name, address, email, cell phone. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- Social Media handles [if applicable] are required.
- Finalist for the IPSA Scholarships must be available for an online interview with the IPSA Scholarship Awards Committee.
Applications are due to IPSA by March 31, and award winners will be announced by June 1.
Scholarship recipients will be required to attend the annual IPSA meeting in January to receive their award. Travel expenses will be covered.
More information and the link to the application can be found on the association website, www.ipseed.org. Please send any questions regarding the scholarship to either Julianne Thompson at email@example.com or Todd Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.